Beach City Introduction
Hello Friend and thank you for checking out Beach City, our beautiful beach-side sanctuary on the internet. Beach City citizens are various flavors of trans, queer, non-binary, polyamorous, disabled, furry, etc. and all know at least a few of their neighbors really well!
We're a weird and mixed group of people here, but most of us are well known to someone else on the instance. If you wanna join us, send someone on here a message and ask. If you're a well-known friend of theirs, they might just help you get a link!
Beach City Logo by @email@example.com
Beach City Mascot "Fuschia Agate" created by @firstname.lastname@example.org
Beach City Color Theme by @email@example.com
Beach City Sourcecode on Github
Help us pay for our infrastructure and staff on Patreon
for server wide information and updates.
for information about moderation decisions, including suspensions and silencings.
Join Beach City on Discord
Not affiliated with Steven Universe nor Cartoon Network in any way. We just love them and are lightly theming our instance in a related way. If they ever complain about us, we'll probably switch to theming ourselves with 80s/vaporwave stylings.
Code of Conduct
- This is an 18+ server. Do not join or request access if you are not 18 years of age. We will remove accounts that are not 18+ accordingly.
- Treat others with respect, and be respectful in kind.
- No systemic abuse such as sexism, racism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, etc. When it comes to defining what constitutes "systemic abuse", the opinions of the marginalized are given priority at all times.
- No unfocused misandry. This is due to its impact on non-binary, genderqueer, trans, disabled, PoC, queer, and otherwise marginalized men, several of whom are on our instance. Misandry focused at the top of the kyriarchy is not against the rules.
- Content Warn "discourse" so folks who want a break from it can more easily take one.
- No harassment. Harassment campaigns may not be spread here, even against "valid" targets; this includes doxxing and dogpiling. If you must call someone out, do it elsewhere and link it here.
- No Quote Tooting. On other social networks it's often used just to show off how horrible someone else is or to draw followers into an argument that should be one-on-one. Attempts to circumvent this through screencaps are prohibited.
- Don't give unsolicited advice to others. Ask permission before making suggestions to folks.
- CW sexually explicit content This includes images and text. All sexually explicit images must exclusively involve consent-capable adults. ("Consent-capable": If asked whether they'd like to pose for an adult photo, they would be capable of responding "yes", and that "yes" would be able to stand up in court of law.)
- CW upsetting or stressful content. This includes discussions of politics, violence, rape, and bigotry.
- No scraping content from web interface or API.
- No public twitter crossposting unless you're on beach city a lot reading and replying. If you are mostly crossposting and not reading, you may post unlisted.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
Your social media account is yours, but if you choose to post publicly, your content is going out to everyone on Beach City as well as most of the instances in our neighborhood we are federated with. Think of it as sending messages to a large chat room full of strangers. As a result, we ask that you consider giving people the opportunity to opt into your public posts through the use of content warnings, or CWs, when they meet the following criteria.
If you don't want to deal with CWs, feel free to post unlisted! Unlisted posts work just like twitter and only go to your profile and followers and or people posts are boosted to.
To use content warnings, click the CW button when composing your toots. This will hide the main body of your toot behind a line of text text like a subject line.
- Sex and nudity
- Politics, politicians, or current "hot button" political topics
- Drugs, drug use
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, etc.
- Personal health, medical issues, hospitals
- Depression, anxiety, mental health issues, suicidal thoughts
- Overly negative, angry, or upset content
- Food, weight loss, weight gain
- Death, funerals
- Violence of any kind
- Links to Facebook or Twitter
- Movie and TV show spoilers
- Selfies, eye contact
There's a lot of reasons why some of these things are generally CWed. It doesn't mean a topic is bad. It just means someone has asked to be able to easily avoid such topics. If you have any questions about any of these, just ask one of the local mods!
In addition to the site's owner, @pandora_parrot, Beach.city's moderation staff include:
Our promise to you
We promise to do everything we can to avoid negatively impacting your social media experience. We will immediately block every single example of overt and explicit racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. We will be judicious about other forms of behavior we find unpleasant. We'll allow you to manage that yourselves, using your own personal block lists and mute lists. If you see a problem you think we need to act on as a server, report the user or toot that is a problem and we will act on it rapidly. We'll bias towards safety and act fast, but always be willing to step back from any mistakes we discover.