Code of Conduct
Everyone here should more or less know the admins or a friend of the admins, so I expect everyone to be cool about stuff.. But just to be clear, here's what we expect:
This is an 18+ server. Do not join or request access if you are not 18 years of age. We will remove accounts that are not 18+ accordingly.
- Treat others with respect, and be respectful in kind. Know where the boundaries are for those you interact with. If you accidentally cross them, retreat and apologize.
- Discourse can be important and interesting, but please CW it so folks who want a break from it can more easily take one.
- Harassment is not tolerated. Harassment campaigns may not be spread here; this includes doxxing and dogpiling. If you must call someone out, do it elsewhere and link it here.
- The Mastodon software has no quote feature for a reason: on other social networks it's often used just to show off how horrible someone else is (boosting their bigoted words into your timeline for others to reject), or to draw followers into an argument that should be one-on-one. Attempts to circumvent this through screencaps are prohibited.
- Sexism, racism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, and other forms of systemic abuse are not tolerated.
- When it comes to defining what constitutes "systemic abuse", the opinions of the marginalized are given priority at all times.
- This also applies to microaggressions (like intentional misgendering), "ironic" use of racist language, and other dogwhistles.
- Holocaust denial or support for the National Socialist party will result in an immediate ban.
- Sexually explicit images are allowed (encouraged, even!), but they must be behind content warnings and properly tagged. The same goes for discussions of sex.
- All sexually explicit images must exclusively involve consent-capable adults. ("Consent-capable": If asked whether they'd like to pose for an adult photo, they would be capable of responding "yes", and that "yes" would be able to stand up in court of law.)
- All other potentially upsetting content must be properly tagged: this includes discussions of politics, violence, rape, and bigotry. (No faces of famous politicians, please.)
- Bad-faith interpretations of any of the above rules will not be tolerated.
- And above all else, KEEP BEACH CITY WEIRD
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
In addition to the site's owner, @pandora_parrot, Beach.city's moderation staff include:
From the administration team: We promise to do everything we can to avoid negatively impacting your social media experience. We will immediately block every single example of overt and explicit racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. We will be judicious about other forms of behavior we find unpleasant. We'll allow you to manage that yourselves, using your own personal block lists and mute lists. If you see a problem you think we need to act on as a server, report the user or toot that is a problem and we will act on it rapidly. We'll bias towards safety and act fast, but always be willing to step back from any mistakes we discover.